CALL FOR ENTRIES
“Playing with the Rules”
Broad Gallery is inviting established and emerging artists to take part in our July Exhibition “Playing with the Rules”, in Clerkenwell.
Each artist should submit works based on the theme “Playing with the Rules”;
How do you subvert rules in your work? What does that meant to you?
The exhibition will investigate how the rules (space, colours, perspective) are played upon over the common aesthetic canons. The theme also implies the idea of playing and therefore that of invention and innovation.
Broad Gallery specialises in works on paper by 20th Century Masters and is now looking at exhibiting contemporary works surrounding this theme.
(For example – Miro experimented with composition, Dali with reality, Picasso with movement and subject sand Chagall with space).
The works will be displayed at Broad Gallery from 15th to 29th July 2015.
How to apply:
- Send a proposal along with images (max 4 images per artist) of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 pm on 5th June
- Send images of your works with
- We will review your submission and confirm applications by EOD on 8th
- All works submitted must be ready to be hang or exhibited and will need to be submitted at the gallery on 10th July from 10 am to 4 pm
- Applicants will be charged £25 every two works submitted, only if their work is selected.
- The gallery will take 50% commission on any work sold.
Works on paper, photography, 2D works and small sculptures are welcome. Due to space limitations we won’t be able to accept larger paintings, performances or audio-visual works.